THIS PRODUCT SHIPS IN THREE WEEKS
Global temperatures have facilitated a pine beetle epidemic over the last decade and the result is millions of acres of dead forest in the West. In the Colorado Rocky Mountains alone, there are over 3.3 million acres of woodland that has been killed by a beetle infestation. The beetles burrow into the bark of the trees laying their eggs, and in the process a fungus carried by the beetles infects, kills and turns it's grain into a blue-grey color. Beetle Percussion produces our hand made ecologically helpful drum pads and other percussion products from these Colorado pines and other North American beetle-killed trees. We source the majority of our lumber from Colorado, but also other beetle affected states like 200 year old pines from Montana and beetle-killed ash trees from Kansas City. We give new life to an eyesore that would otherwise continue to produce carbon and remain a fire hazard. Our goal is to use as many recycled and reclaimed materials as possible to hand craft unique, high quality percussion products. Our slap stick is 2 feet long with large comfortable handles. It is very articulate and easy to control a variety of dynamics. The silent hinge is made from recycled car tire rubber. Add this eco friendly slapstick to your percussion arsenal!
- Two 2' x 3 3/4" x 3/4" hand selected pieces of Colorado Beetle Killed Pine milled perfectly flat for a perfect "slap"
- 3/4" Vent hole
- Large handles for all hand sizes; helps avoid smashing knuckles together when playing and allows for more control
- Hinge is made from car tire rubber sheets; it is silent when opening and moving around
- The only ecologically helpful slapstick available
- The only slapstick "painted" by beetles
- 100% American materials and 100% hand made
- A reclaimed, environmentally helpful, green slapstick