Pine Practice Pad
Pine Practice Pad
The Beetle Percussion Travel Pine Practice Pad is a smaller, 9" round beetle-killed pine, 1/4" tall recycled car tire rubber.
The Beetle Percussion Standard Pine Practice Pad is our original, 13" round beetle-killed pine, 1/4" tall recycled car tire rubber.
Global temperatures have facilitated a pine beetle epidemic over the last decade and the result is millions of acres of dead forest in the West. In the Colorado Rocky Mountains alone, there are over 3.3 million acres of woodland that has been killed by a beetle infestation. The beetles burrow into the bark of the trees laying their eggs, and in the process a fungus carried by the beetles infects, kills and turns it's grain into a blue-grey color. Beetle Percussion produces our hand made ecologically helpful drum pads and other percussion products from these Colorado pines and other North American beetle-killed trees. We source the majority of our lumber from Colorado, but also other beetle affected states like 200 year old pines from Montana and beetle-killed ash trees from Kansas City. We give new life to an eyesore that would otherwise continue to produce carbon and remain a fire hazard. Our goal is to use as many recycled and reclaimed materials as possible to hand craft unique, high quality percussion products. The playing surface is made from recycled car tires from California. Of all the pads you own, shouldn’t at least one be good for the environment?
- 13" or 9” diameter 1 1/2" tall hand harvested beetle-killed pine from Colorado
- Each wood disc is milled, assembled, sanded, and oiled by hand - no two are the same
- 11 1/2" or 7 1/2" round 100% recycled car tire rubber playing surface from California
- The thick wood resonates and the pines tone reveals grip inconsistencies
- The original ecologically helpful drum pad
- The only drum pad "painted" by beetles - no two the same
- 100% hand made from 100% American materials
- A reclaimed, environmentally helpful, green practice pad